Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Suck on these.

Last week I took a day trip to a temple in the nearby town of Somnathpur.

The one on the left looks like Greedo.

Look up.

On the way there, I saw this woman carrying a big hunk of cow poo. I've heard it's sometimes used for fuel.

Yes. Cow poop.

I went to Mysore palace, former home of the Wodeyar dynasty, on Sunday night. They illuminate it with thousands of small Christmas-esque lights from 7 to 8 every Sunday, but the best shot I got was in the twilight just before 7 when only the flood lamps were on.

Mysore Palace


The doctor I met through AA in Bangalore is getting married in early May and has invited me to his wedding. It will be in Murudeshwar, a coastal town where there is a giant statue of Shiva that I could see from the Konkan railway on my way from Gokarna to Mangalore in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment