Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Coorg.

So I switched to this site for layout reasons. I think the other site did a bad job of showing readers how to see old posts and look at the photo albums.

Wednesday was a moon day. The shala closes on moon days for crazy yoga mumbo jumbo reasons. My roommate Sharon planned a trip via cab (which cost only about $60 to take four of us 3 hours out of Mysore, stay the night, and take us back. crazy cheap) to the Kodagu (aka Coorg) region of Karnataka. To satisfy the gastrointestinal subtext of this blog I have to tell you the story of how I was able to be ready in time for the cab at 10 Tuesday morning.

My yoga practice starts at 8 AM, about 2.5 hours after Sharon, Sylvia and Raoul's (Sylvia and Raoul being the other two that came to Kodagu). I considered skipping practice at the shala Tuesday morning in order to not hold up the departure from Mysore. Sharon suggested the interlingually understood tummy-rub-and-sad-face response to my teacher Saraswathi's questioning on Thursday to signify that I had skipped because of digestive trouble. This might have been an acceptable option for me in the past, but I'm no so big on lying anymore. I decided to go ahead and practice, skipping a few poses if I had to in order to be ready to leave on time. About halfway through the standing series Tuesday morning, in the midst of Parivritta Trikonasna's sigmoidal squeeze, I realized I wouldn't have had to lie. I got use Sharon's rub 'n' frown maneuver after all because Monday evening I had eaten some questionable chicken biryani.

Kodagu was beautiful and I'll write more about it later. Right now I have to go pick up a lens that I had a Nikon dealer in town order. I decided to buy a new one so that my busted old one wouldn't ruin my chances of getting some good pictures while I'm over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment